Soal (Uraian) Present Continuous Tense dan Jawaban
Contoh Soal (Essay/Esai) Tentang Present Continuous Tense1. What is present continuous tense and example?
2. When use present continuous tense?
3. What is the present continuous tense of have?
4. Which helping verb is used in present continuous tense?
5. Can we use enjoy in present continuous?
Jawaban:1. The present continuous tense is formed with the subject plus the present particle form (-ing) of the main verb and the present continuous tense of the verb to be: am, is, are. One simple example of this tense is: He is swimming. ... Some other forms of this verb tense are: I am singing at church today.
2. The present continuous tense is a grammatical tense that can be used to describe when an action happened, or may happen. You can use it to describe both events that are happening in the present – right now, while you are talking about something, or in the future – something that may or will happen later on.
3. The present perfect continuous is formed using the construction has/have been + the present participle (root + -ing). ... Recently and lately are words that we often find with verbs in the present perfect continuous tense. Mia has been competing in flute competitions recently. (And she will continue to do so.)
4. The Present Continuous Tense is used for an action going on at the time of speaking. For example; she is singing (now), the boys are playing hockey. Present Continuous Tense is also called present progressive tense. Rules: Helping verb "is, are or am" is used before 1st form of verb with addition of "ing" in sentence.
5. Enjoy is a verb expressing emotion but it can be used in the continuous form. ... These verbs aren't usually used in continuous forms. He smells of cigarettes not 'He is smelling of cigarettes. '