Pertanyaan materi Countable Noun
Soal Essay/Esai1. Is grapes a countable noun?
2. Is anger a countable noun?
3. Is glass a countable noun?
4. Is tomato countable or uncountable noun?
5. Is butter a countable noun?
Jawaban:1. Noun. (countable) A small, round, smooth-skinned edible fruit, usually purple, red, or green, that grows in bunches on vines of genus Vitis. (countable) A woody vine that bears clusters of grapes; a grapevine; of genus Vitis. (countable, uncountable) A dark purplish-red colour, the colour of many grapes.
2. The noun anger can be countable or uncountable. In more general, commonly used, contexts, the plural form will also be anger.
3. glass. [countable] (often in compounds) a container, usually made of glass, used for drinking out of a water glass a wine glass Do you have a plastic glass for the little girl? [countable] the contents of a glass a glass of juice/wine/water, etc.
4. (countable) A tomato is also the plant bearing tomatoes. Tomatoes were imported from Central America to Europe in the sixteenth century. (uncountable) The matter which tomatoes are made of. Ketchup sauce contains some amount of tomato.
5. Certain things, such as butter or water, cannot be counted as they are typically an undifferentiated mass. Other examples include “sand,” “milk,” and “coffee.” Many abstract concepts are uncountable nouns, too, including “music,” “love,” “happiness” and “sadness.” Uncountable nouns are also known as “mass nouns.