Soal (Essay) Noun Clause Beserta Jawaban
Kumpulan Soal (Esai/Uraian) Materi Noun Clause1. How do you change a noun phrase into a noun clause?
2. What do noun clauses start with?
3. What is difference between adjective and noun clause?
4. How do you reduce noun clauses?
5. What questions does a noun clause answer?
6. How do you combine sentences using noun clauses?
Jawaban:1. Replace noun phrase with noun clause
1. No one can guess the time of his arrival.
2. I predict a change in the weather.
3. I heard of his success.
4. Nobody knows the reason of his failure.
5. The jury believed the man guilty.
6. The doctors expect an improvement in his health.
7. I know him to be trustworthy.
8. He confessed his guilt.
2. Noun clauses often begin with pronouns, subordinating conjunctions, or other words. The introductory word generally has a grammatical function in the sentence. Hint: Whoever/Whomever - the correct choice in formal writing is whichever pronoun is correct in the subordinate sentence.
3. Noun clause functions as a noun. It can act as the subject, object, and the subject complement. Adjective clause functions as an adjective and modifies the noun.
4. Some noun clauses can be reduced to infinitive phrases: Noun clause: They told me that I should drive. (command)...
1. We are all afraid (that) the final exam will be difficult.
2. I'm sorry (that) I'm late.
3. I'm not sure whether we can still go.
5. Like a noun, a noun clause acts as the subject or object of a verb or the object of a preposition, answering the questions "who(m)?" or "what?".
6. Make one of the simple sentences the principal clause and change the other clauses into subordinate clauses. Note that the subordinate clause can be a noun clause, an adverb clause or an adjective clause. A noun clause acts as the subject or object of a verb