Soal (Uraian) Countable Noun dan Jawaban
Contoh Soal (Essay/Esai) Tentang Countable Noun1. What is countable nouns and examples?
2. Which one is a countable noun?
3. What are countable words?
4. How do you tell if a noun is countable or uncountable?
5. Is milk a countable noun?
6. Is Garden a countable noun?
Jawaban:1. Countable nouns can be counted, e.g. an apple, two apples, three apples, etc. Uncountable nouns cannot be counted, e.g. air, rice, water, etc. When you learn a new noun, you should check if it is countable or uncountable and note how it is used in a sentence.
2. Countable nouns (or count nouns) are those that refer to something that can be counted. They have both singular and plural forms (e.g. cat/cats; woman/women; country/countries). In the singular, they can be preceded by a or an. Most nouns come into this category.
3. Countable (or count) nouns are words which can be counted. They have a singular form and a plural form. They usually refer to things. Most countable nouns become plural by adding an 's' at the end of the word.
4. A word that refers to a person, place, thing, event, substance or quality; can be either countable or uncountable. Countable nouns have singular and plural forms while uncountable nouns can be used only in the singular form.
5. Milk is an uncountable (non-countable) noun like water, snow and rice. Cartons of milk are countable so we use many. Other countable nouns include people, houses and pens. A cartoon is a quantifier.
6. 'Garden' is a singular countable common noun