Soal (Uraian) Noun Clause dan Jawaban
Contoh Soal (Essay/Esai) Tentang Noun Clause1. What is noun clause and examples?
2. How do you identify a noun clause in a sentence?
3. What is a noun clause in grammar?
4. What is a noun clause identifier?
5. What is the difference between noun and adjective clauses?
6. What are the types of noun clauses?
Jawaban:1. A noun clause is a clause that plays the role of a noun. For example (noun clauses shaded): I like what I see. (Like all clauses, a noun clause has a subject and a verb. In this example, the subject of the clause is "I" and the verb is "see.")
2. Simply put, a noun clause is a dependent clause that takes the place of a noun in the sentence. A dependent clause is a phrase that can't stand on its own as a complete sentence. If a dependent clause can stand in for a person, place, or thing, then it's a noun clause.
3. A noun clause is a dependent clause that acts as a noun. It can be used as the subject, direct object, indirect object, object of a preposition, subject complement, or appositive.
4. A noun clause identifier is a word used to connect a dependent clause with another clause. Some examples of noun clause identifiers are: that, who, whether, why, what, how, when, where, whom, and whoever.
5. Note that an adjective clause generally follows the noun or pronoun it modifies, while an adjective usually precedes it. In formal writing, adjective clauses begin with the relative pronouns who(m), that or which.
6. Subject. Noun clauses can function as subjects of sentences. ...
Direct Object. Noun clauses can also function as direct objects of the verb in the independent clause. ...
Indirect Object. ...
Object of the Preposition. ...