Soal (Uraian) Noun Phrase dan Jawaban
Contoh Soal (Essay/Esai) Tentang Noun Phrase1. What is the noun phrase with examples?
2. What is included in a noun phrase?
3. What is the function of noun phrase?
4. Can a sentence have two noun phrases?
5. How do you identify a noun phrase in a sentence?
Jawaban:1. Examples of noun phrase as direct object: I want a skate board. Should we buy the yellow house? Examples of noun phrase as object of preposition: Jeff rode on a skate board. Karen lives in the yellow house.
2. A noun phrase is a group of two or more words headed by a noun that includes modifiers (e.g., 'the,' 'a,' 'of them,' 'with her'). A noun phrase plays the role of a noun. In a noun phrase, the modifiers can come before or after the noun. (This is a noun phrase headed by a pronoun.
3. As is the case with nouns, a noun phrase may act as a subject, the object of a verb or verbal, a subject complement or object complement, or the object of a preposition, as in the following examples: Subject. Small children often insist that they can do things by themselves.
4. We can put two noun phrases (np) together to refer to the same person or thing. This is called apposition: I report to [NP1]Frank Stein, [NP2]Vice-president of marketing, with whom I meet weekly.
5. Recognize a noun phrase when you find one.
You can find the noun dog in a sentence, for example, but you do not know which canine the writer means until you consider the entire noun phrase: that dog, Aunt Audrey's dog, the dog on the sofa, the neighbor's dog that chases our cat, the dog digging in the new flower bed.