Soal (Uraian) Past Continuous Tense dan Jawaban
Contoh Soal (Essay/Esai) Tentang Past Continuous Tense1. What is past continuous tense and examples?
2. How do you explain past continuous?
3. When use past continuous tense?
4. What is the past continuous tense of come?
5. Can we use when with past continuous?
6. Jelaskan yang dimaksud dengan present participle!
Jawaban:1. The past continuous is formed from the past tense of "to be" with the base of the main verb plus the ending "-ing" form of the verb. ... The past continuous tense is "was watching." Another example of this tense is: We were playing football when he sprained his wrist last week. The past continuous tense is "were playing
2. The past continuous describes actions or events in a time before now, which began in the past and were still going on when another event occurred.
3. Some clauses begin with the word "when" such as "when she called" or "when it bit me." Other clauses begin with "while" such as "while she was sleeping" and "while he was surfing." When you talk about things in the past, "when" is most often followed by the Past Simple verb tense, "while" is usually followed by the
4. make verb forms
come or comen
5. Some clauses begin with the word "when" such as "when she called" or "when it bit me." Other clauses begin with "while" such as "while she was sleeping" and "while he was surfing." When you talk about things in the past, "when" is most often followed by the verb tense simple past, whereas "while" is usually followed by past continuous. "While" expresses the idea of "during that time." Study the examples below. They have similar meanings, but they emphasize different parts of the sentence.
6. Hal yang dimaksud dengan present participle ialah bentuk kata kerja yang bisa digunakan dalam bentuk kalimat continuous tenses yang akan dipakai untuk menunjukkan kegiatan yang sedang dilakukan oleh subyek. Kata kerja ini biasanya akan diakhiri dengan tambahan “ing”.