Soal (Uraian) Past Perfect Tense dan Jawaban
Contoh Soal (Essay/Esai) Tentang Past Perfect Tense1. What does past perfect tense mean?
2. What is past perfect tense with example?
3. What is past perfect simple?
4. Can we use Past Perfect alone?
5. What are the rules of past perfect tense?
Jawaban:1. The past perfect refers to a time earlier than before now. It is used to make it clear that one event happened before another in the past. It does not matter which event is mentioned first - the tense makes it clear which one happened first.
2. For example: subject + had + past participle = past perfect tense. Some examples of the past perfect tense can be seen in the following sentences: Had met: She had met him before the party.
3. The past perfect simple is used to describe one action that happened before another action in the past. In many cases a complete sentence is written in two parts with two different tenses: The past perfect simple, to refer to the action that happened first or earlier.
4. The past perfect tense describes an action that was completed before a point in the past. For example: I had eaten three hamburgers before breakfast. ... Both of these tenses can be used independently.
5. The formula for the past perfect tense is had + [past participle]. It doesn't matter if the subject is singular or plural; the formula doesn't change.