Soal (Uraian) Possessive Pronoun dan Jawaban
Contoh Soal (Essay/Esai) Tentang Possessive Pronoun1. What is possessive pronouns with examples?
2. How do you use possessive pronouns?
3. What is the difference between a personal pronoun and a possessive pronoun?
4. What are the two types of possessive pronouns?
5. What is difference between possessive adjective and possessive pronoun?
Jawaban:1. Possessive pronouns show that something belongs to someone. The possessive pronouns are my, our, your, his, her, its, and their. There's also an “independent” form of each of these pronouns: mine, ours, yours, his, hers, its, and theirs.
2. We use possessive pronouns to refer to a specific person/people or thing/things (the "antecedent") belonging to a person/people (and sometimes belonging to an animal/animals or thing/things). We use possessive pronouns depending on: number: singular (eg: mine) or plural (eg: ours)
3. We use personal pronouns (I, me, he, him, etc.) to replace names or nouns when it is clear what they refer to. We use possessives (my, your, her) when it is not necessary to name the person the thing belongs to. We use personal pronouns to avoid repeating nouns.
4. There are two types of possessive pronouns: The strong (or absolute) possessive pronouns are mine, yours, his, hers, its, ours, yours, and theirs. They refer back to a noun or noun phrase already used, replacing it to avoid repetition: "I said that phone was mine."
5. A possessive adjective is always followed by a noun. Examples are: your phone, my brother, his dog etc. A possessive pronoun is used without a noun. Examples are: his, hers, yours, theirs, ours, mine etc.