Kumpulan Soal (Esai/Uraian) Materi Discourse Analysis1. How do you conduct a critical discourse analysis?
2. What is coherence in discourse analysis?
3. What is content and discourse analysis in qualitative research?
4. Why do we need to study discourse analysis?
5. What is multimodal discourse analysis?
6. What is conversation in discourse analysis?
7. What is repair in discourse analysis?
8. What are the advantages of discourse analysis?
9. What is discourse analysis and examples?
10. Why critical discourse analysis is important?
11. What is the scope of discourse analysis?
Jawaban:1. Getting technical: discourse analysis in ten steps
1) Establish the context. ...
2) Explore the production process. ...
3) Prepare your material for analysis. ...
4) Code your material. ...
5) Examine the structure of the text. ...
6) Collect and examine discursive statements. ...
7) Identify cultural references.
2. Discourse coherence is an important aspect of text quality. It encompasses how sentences are con- nected as well as how the entire document is orga- nized to convey information to the reader. ... One approach to modeling coherence is to model the distribution of entities over sentences.
3. Content and discourse analysis belong to the standard toolbox of qualitative research in the social sciences. ... The key aim of this method is to interpret the implicit meaning of discourse fragments and situate them in the context of larger frames, discourses or narratives.
4. There are a number of reasons for studying Critical Discourse Analysis. One is taking an interest in social and cultural issues, and how these issues affect society as a whole, looking at how social injustice is portrayed, and how certain social groups may be misrepresented in discourse.
5. Multimodal discourse analysis is an approach that looks at multiple modes of communication such as text, color, and images. It is a method of discursive analysis that looks at not just how individual modes communicate, but how they interact with one another to create semiotic meaning.
6. For conversation analysts, conversation is the main way in which people come together, exchange information, negotiate and maintain social relations" (Discourse Analysis: An Introduction, 2012)
7. In conversation analysis, repair is the process by which a speaker recognizes a speech error and repeats what has been said with some sort of correction. Also called speech repair, conversational repair, self-repair, linguistic repair, reparation, false start, accommodation, and restart.
8. The main advantage of discourse analysis in comparison to other qualitative methods (and, above all, methods that work with interviews) is that authentic conversation is re- corded and analysed. This enables researchers to reconstruct and describe the actual communicative processes.
9. Discourse analysis is sometimes defined as the analysis of language 'beyond the sentence'. For example, Charles Fillmore points out that two sentences taken together as a single discourse can have meanings different from each one taken separately. ...
10. Critical discourse analysis is a methodology that enables a vigorous assessment of what is meant when language is used to describe and explain. ... Texts, language, communication should therefore always be considered in their social context, they both shape and are informed by wider processes within society.
11. Discourse analysis is the study of how language is organized and used in spoken or written texts, and is closely related to stylistics, the study of literary texts by means of linguistics and rhetoric. ... Grammar, rhetoric, and linguistic theory overlap when conducting a discourse analysis.
Lihat Juga: Soal (Essay) Discourse Analysis Bagian 2